HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Below are some of the choices you have to allocate your giving to HJFS. Each donation you make makes a difference in someone’s life.
support hjfs food security programs
Let all who are hungry come and eat…
At a time when 1 in 7 Canadians are food insecure, every dollar you donate goes directly into our Food Security Programs, including Carol’s Cupboard: The Hamilton Kosher Food Bank, Community Gardens, Hot Meals, and more.
Together, we are working to:
- Provide a strong Jewish response to food insecurity
- Ensure 90+ families per year do not go hungry
- Distribute more than 30,000lbs of kosher food annually to the vulnerable
- Carry additional wellness items including shampoo, toothpaste, soap, toilet paper, and sanitary napkins
- Grow fresh produce and herbs in our local community gardens, in partnership with Temple Anshe Sholom, Adas Israel Synagogue, Grace Lutheran Church, and Dundas Valley Sunrise Rotary Club
- Provide delivery of food items to those who are immobile or forced to physically distance
- Advocate for the importance of kosher food security in Hamilton, Burlington, and beyond
Each year it takes $85,000 to run these programs. We rely on community support, from people like you, to make sure that no one in need is turned away
Every dollar donated is put towards making sure no one in our community goes hungry.
MONTHLY GIVING: Chicken of the Month Club
Help ensure struggling families receive healthy protein options for Shabbat. Your assistance will provide kosher chicken, ground beef, and hot dogs to families. It will also warm hearts around the shabbos table.
Join the chicken of the month club: $25
MORRIS FAMILY CHALlAH FUND
Set up in memory of Community Champion, Bill Morris, the Morris Family Fund supports the work of Carol’s Cupboard. Your designated giving makes sure that challah is a staple in the home of the vulnerable.
$8 a month provides one challah $16 a month provides two challahs
$24 a month provides three challahs $32 a month provides four challahs
Donations can also be made by phone, email or cheque
ALL DONATIONS WILL RECEIVE A TAX RECEIPT
By phone: Credit card payments can be made by calling 905-627-9922 ext. 23
By email: email@example.com
By cheque: Please make cheques payable to Hamilton Jewish Family Services and send to 30 King Street East, Dundas, ON L9H 5G6.
Did you know?
Every three months, our Chicken of the Month Club and Morris Family Fund is able to provide:
- 224 lbs of chicken
- 93 lbs of ground beef
- 46 packages of hot dogs
- 46 loaves of Challah