Hamilton Jewish Family Services provides a variety of supports and services for those 55+. We believe in promoting social inclusion and improving overall wellness.
Our 55+ programming includes:
- Adult Day Program – We provide participants with one-on-one opportunities to work with staff, skill development and social interaction. Staff take an individualized approach, focusing on the strengths of participants and drawing on their needs, interests, and experiences. A primary focus of this Day Program is to provide social inclusion opportunities. Note: Majority of program participants are Russian language speakers.
- Education – We believe in empowering anyone throughout their age span. Our educational opportunities include courses, groups, and workshops. Some topics include Positive Aging, Long-Term Care Access, Speech Reading, Estate Tax, Technology Usage, and more.
- Social Opportunities – Social Opportunities offered through HJFS include Kibitz Corner, Games, Coffee n’ Chat, and more.
- Holocaust Claims Conference – Assistance for low-income Holocaust Survivors (which includes emergency funds, medical supply funding, food cards and more).
- Seniors Counselling – Drop in counselling for seniors is available Wednesday mornings and Thursday mornings via zoom with our Social Worker, Gabriele McSween.
Call us to learn more about our programs: 905-627-9922 x 23
We work together with many different partners to deliever our Seniors Supports. Some of our partnerships include:
- The Hamilton Council on Aging
- Elder Abuse Ontario
- The Hamilton-Wentworth Regional Police
- Hamilton Tax Clinic
- The Government of Ontario
- The Hamilton Jewish Community Centre
- Shalom Village
- The Alzheimer Society